Saturday, 17 August 2013

Seed Pods No.1

On a dry day, late in summer, it is quite satisfying going around the garden collecting seeds from their pods.  The seed pods above are from a stray Californian Poppy that must have self seeded from last year.  You only have to touch the tip of some of the pods and the seeds burst out all over the place!

You can see what the Californian Poppy looks like by clicking here.  It has a lovely translucent quality and prolific blooms.  I am going to sow some of these seeds this autumn time and some more in the spring time and see which fare best.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeds. I collected quite a few from my delphiniums and have sown them in a seed tray in my greenhouse, they are already beginning to grow!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the seeds. I look forward to seeing them in my garden next year! Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete