Friday, 23 August 2013

Aster Unicum Mixed

The Aster Unicum Mixed (Callistephus chinensis) is adding a welcome splash of colour in the border late this summer.  The newly planted border (this spring) has been disappointing with many of my bought plug plants failing to flower.  However, the beautiful Asters were sown by my teenage son back in the spring and he is proving to have the gardeners touch!  I am going to ask him to sow some more for me next year as he is obviously doing something right.

I have really caught the gardening bug this year and can't wait to grow as many  things from seeds or from cuttings as I can next year.  There is a deep feeling of satisfaction knowing you have grown plants yourself even if you do have a little help now and then.

5 comments:

  1. Very true Simone, nothing like growing your win plants from seed, it is highly satisfying !
    The aster is beautiful, well done to your son. :)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you've been enjoying your garden this year! Gardening is such a hopeful thing. There are always plans for next year and dreams for improvement while we enjoy this year's garden.

    I've never seen an aster quite like that before. So dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, very elegant looking. I've never tried asters, maybe I'll have to investigate! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Simone, yes fun was had by all in summer. Good to see you have continued your gardening ......put a few of us(me) to shame on that front!! Really great too that you have documented your exploits, you will look back and be amazed at just how much your garden changes. How's the wine making going? I expect a bottle to be winging its way over any day now :-). Are you still at the farm, if so I will be seeing you soon. Reece, Wendy and Mark are on my course starting next Thur&fri you are welcome to drop by and say hello anytime, we are in the big house.
    Keep on truckin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower - your son must have inheirited your green fingers Simone!
    Have just been catching up with you on your main blog but I dont seem to be able to comment there - hope you've finally shaken off that cold and are able to be busy making things - love the simple wired pendants by the way.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete